Lisa Fleetwood is a writer, book reviewer, and Publishing Director at Bookends Publishing.
A decades long love of reading, books, and writing led her to following her dream of becoming an author. Her first book, Destination Dachshund: Three Months, Three Generations & Sixty Dachshunds evolved from a travel blog Lisa wrote while seeing the world with her family. She also writes speculative fiction, romance, and children’s stories.
She has been interviewed by the Penrith Press, the Penrith City Gazette and The Australian Writers’ Centre and guest blogs for the Australian Women Writers Challenge about fabulous books by small press and indie authors.
Lisa also joins in on the discussion of books, travel, and dogs on her literary blog Welcome to My Library. She lives in Sydney with her husband, two teenage children and three cheeky dachshunds.
- To request a review copy of Destination Dachshund (bloggers/media) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booksellers and libraries can order Destination Dachshund through Ingram Australia, Peter Pal and James Bennett (AU), Ingram and Baker & Taylor (US), Bertrams & Gardners (UK) or through their regular source of supply as they would any other title.
- If you’re unable to order the title through our distributors, please contact us directly. Standard wholesale discounts apply.
Lisa Fleetwood in the Media
April 2016: Daily Telegraph The Tall Tale of a Short Hound
7th June 2016: Books Direct Online Interview and Blog
5th July, 2016: Coffee with a Canine Blog:Lisa Fleetwood with Charlie, Rosie & Barney
7th July, 2016: Penrith City Gazette: Tales from a dachshund lover
12th April 2017 Australian Writers’ Centre: Lisa Fleetwood on Self-Publishing & Dachshunds
- 2000 – Australian College of Journalism – Diploma of Professional Children’s Writing
- 2011 – Sydney Writers Festival Workshop – How to get Published
- 2011 – Australian Writers Centre – 5 Week Course Writing Books for Children & Young Adults
- 2011 – Australian Writers Centre – 2 Day Course Plot and Structure with Kathryn Heyman
- 2011 & 2012 – 2 x 5 month Writing Mentorships with Author Kathryn Heyman
- 2012 – Sydney Writers Fest Workshop – Fine Tuning Your 1st Chapter with Editor Nicola O’Shea
- 2012 – Unlocking Creativity 2 Day Workshop with Author & Creative Writing Teacher Sue Woolfe
- 2013 – Sydney Writers Festival Workshop – Killing your darlings with Editor Rebecca Starford
- 2013 – Australian Writers Centre – 2 Day Workshop History, Mystery Magic with Author Kate Forsyth
- 2014 – Conflux Writers Day
- 2014 – Australian Society of Authors – Perfect Your Pitch with Editor Claire Craig (Pan Macmillan Australia)
- November 2014 – NSW Writers Centre – Literary Speed Dating
- 2015: Writing workshop with Garth Nix
- 2015: NSW Writers Centre – Literary Speed Dating
- 2016: Self Publishing School with Chandler Bolt